Dilly Biscuit Squares
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon whole milk
- DILL BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir in the cheese. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a 3/4-in.-thick square. Cut into 12 squares. Place 1/8 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Combine dill butter ingredients; brush over hot biscuits. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 14, 2012
Very yummy!!! :P I did brush them twice with the dill butter for a little more flavor but aside from that I made them exactly as recipie states. These will go well for that little added something at family dinners.
Apr 6, 2012
These were very good. Next time I'll use butter instead of shortening for better flavor.
Jul 26, 2011
Rich in flavor - great with soup!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.