- 1 turkey breast half with bone (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh minced dill or 4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place turkey in glass baking dish. In a bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; spread half over the turkey. Cover and refrigerate remaining yogurt. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight. Remove turkey, discarding yogurt marinade. Grill turkey, covered, over medium-hot coals, basting often with reserved marinade, for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until juices run clear or internal temperature reaches 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forDilly Barbecued Turkey
"I made this recipe grilling 2 whole turkey breasts for a bridal shower in 1995 and everyone loved it. Made it again for friends yesterday and it was very easy and was very tender. I started with the 2 halves in an aluminum roasting pan and after 30 minutes, put it directly on the grate and it was very flavorful."