- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimento, drained
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Cook the asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender. Drain. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all the remaining ingredients and shake well. Place asparagus in a shallow dish; pour marinade over asparagus in a shallow dish; pour marinade over asparagus. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours. To serve, remove asparagus and arrange on a platter; remove pimiento and onion from marinade with a slotted spoon and sprinkle over asparagus. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forDilly Asparagus
"This was excellent. I would make no changes. The asparagus was crisp and the dressing was perfect. It keeps very well for a number of days."