Jenny Witcraft of Cleveland, Ohio likes to serve this everyday bread with just about any meal, and especially with hearty soups and stews.
Recommended: 50 Party Recipes So Good You Won't Have Leftovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-3/4 pounds, 12 slices).
Originally published as Dilled Wheat Bread in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p43