When I want a change of pace form ordinary tossed salad, this is the recipe I reach for. Cucumbers, tomatoes and onion are topped with a delicious dressing.
Recommended: Spring-ish Recipes to Make In April
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Place first three ingredients in a bowl. Combine dill, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables and toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (Can be prepared the day before, if desired.). Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dilled Vegetable Salad in Country Woman March/April 1991, p37