In Penfield, Pennsylvania, Kathy Preiss uses baby portobello mushrooms and a hint of dill for a special touch in her creamy stroganoff. Served with whole wheat pasta, it makes a rich medley in no time.
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1/3 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the water, ketchup, dill, bouillon and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes.
- 3. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Drain pasta; serve with turkey mixture.
1 each: 363 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC