In Penfield, Pennsylvania, Kathy Preiss uses baby portobello mushrooms and a hint of dill for a special touch in her creamy stroganoff. Served with whole wheat pasta, it makes a rich medley in no time.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1/3 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the water, ketchup, dill, bouillon and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Drain pasta; serve with turkey mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 363 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.