Dilled Sole with Almonds Recipe
I make this attractive and delicious dish fairly often because I can have it ready in less than half an hour. Served with a fresh vegetable and simple cooked potatoes, we have a healthy meal. The seasonings blend for a nice flavor, and the fish remains moist. -Bonnie Baumgardner, Sylva, North Carolina
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 sole fillets (12 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Lemon slices, optional
- 1. In a shallow dish, combine the first three ingredients. Coat both sides of fillets with mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter; stir in the dill. Add fillets; cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add almonds and remaining butter to the skillet; cook and stir for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle over fish. Serve with lemon if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 346 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 578mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Dilled Sole with Almonds
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC