Dilled Shrimp with Angel Hair
“When I first made this,” writes Linda O'Brian of Girard Pennsylvania, “my husband was surprised it was a light recipe. We enjoy it often.” She adds, “Sometimes I add feta cheese; a small amount can really change the flavor.”
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in shrimp and lemon juice; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir cream cheese and half-and-half until blended. Stir in dill and salt. Return shrimp mixture to the pan; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 369 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 698mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.