Dilled Potatoes with Feta Recipe
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a serving bowl, combine the cheese, dill, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and toss gently to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 221 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Dilled Potatoes with Feta
"I used regular russet potatoes because that's what I already had. Also I only used about 3/4 of a lb so I altered the rest of the ingredients to be equal. Unfortunately I found that it still had wayyyy to much olive oil and lemon juice. The salt and pepper were about right. I also tried to do the conversion from fresh dill to dried dill weed. 1/4 C = 12 tsp. and when going from fresh to dried, divide it by a third. So this called for a 4 tsp. I think I barely put in half of that, and it still looked overpowering. I used Mediterranean feta and that really tasted good. Next time I will have to stick to the recipe exactly and see how it turns out. As it is right now, it's just ok. I will update my review when I try it again."
"Mmm... the fresh dill and the feta are so good over the potatoes!"
"Made this tonight for a different side than normal. Definately a keeper especially for those hotter days when you want something lighter!"
"This really was amazing - and so easy to throw together! I will definitely be making this again."
"It was excellent, my family raved about it. Even grandchildren who are sometimes picky about what they eat. Sonja"