Dilled Green Beans
"I serve this dish quite often," Nella says. "It tastes delicious with just about any meal, and it can easily be reheated in the microwave."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seed
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen cut green beans
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, green pepper, onion, bouillon and dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the beans. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or until beans are crisp-tender; drain.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 39 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable.
Feb 28, 2017
Really not good at all. If I were to make these again I would use fresh green beans. The cook time on these was at least 15 minutes longer than stated. Just kind of boring.