Most people don't think of pairing dill and carrots. But my family agrees that dill adds a nice tang to this slightly sweet vegetable. An herb that is easy to grow, dill also looks lovely in the garden.—Verona Koehlmoos, Pilger, Nebraska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 to 3 cups sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cook over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 71 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Dilled Carrots in Taste of Home August/September 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.