Dill Vegetable-Pasta Salad
“My husband and I often have this delicious pasta salad for lunch or a light supper in the summertime—in lieu of a big meal,” writes Darnell Griffin from her home in Estes Park, Colorado. Chunks of cheese and fresh vegetables eliminate the need for meat, and a light and creamy dill dressing replaces a heavy pasta sauce. Try it!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup torn romaine
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, cheese and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, dill, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add lettuce and pasta to vegetable mixture. Drizzle with mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.