Dill Pickle Hamburger Pizza
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, place crust on an ungreased baking sheet or pizza pan. Mix ketchup and mustard; spread over crust. Add ground beef; bake 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is bubbly and crust is lightly browned, 8-10 minutes longer.
- 3. Top with lettuce, pickle and onion. Whisk mayonnaise and enough pickle juice to reach desired consistency; pour over pizza.
1 slice: 521 calories, 32g fat (10g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1192mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Aug 29, 2019This was surprisingly good! The sauce gave it something a little extra special.
Dec 10, 2018I've made this a few times and enjoyed it very much. Tonight I have leftover meatloaf so I'm going to crumble it and use that in place of the plain ground beef.
Oct 30, 2018Great recipe! Quick and easy! It was a big hit in our house. Loved the mayo sauce and the crunch from the lettuce and pickles!
Mar 16, 2018
I made this for the two of us. I made my own crust and pre-baked it a bit before adding the sauce and hamburger. We both liked it very much. Thought this pizza was more filling than the usual pizza combinations. Loved the mayo/dill pickle sauce on top of the lettuce. I will definitely make this pizza again.
Feb 6, 2017
This was good. The only problem we had was that the ketchup and the mustard were a little overwhelming. So the next time I make it (and I will), I will cut the amount of the two condiments. With the dill pickle it was just a little too much vinegar for us.
Sep 9, 2016
I was also skeptical about this recipe, but decided to try it anyway. It turned out delicious!!!
Aug 18, 2016
I was seriously skeptical about this dish but MAN! It is good! The kids INHALED it. It sounds strange but it works. It reminded me of an open-faced burger... except on pizza crust. LOVED IT!