- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink, about 3-4 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, place crust on an ungreased baking sheet or pizza pan. Mix ketchup and mustard; spread over crust. Add ground beef; bake 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is bubbly and crust is lightly browned, 8-10 minutes more.
- Top with lettuce, pickle and onion. Whisk mayonnaise and enough pickle juice to reach desired consistency; pour over pizza. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forDill Pickle Hamburger Pizza
"This was good. The only problem we had was that the ketchup and the mustard were a little overwhelming. So the next time I make it (and I will), I will cut the amount of the two condiments. With the dill pickle it was just a little too much vinegar for us."
"I was also skeptical about this recipe, but decided to try it anyway. It turned out delicious!!!"
"I was seriously skeptical about this dish but MAN! It is good! The kids INHALED it. It sounds strange but it works. It reminded me of an open-faced burger... except on pizza crust. LOVED IT!"