Dill Green Beans
I love this healthful alternative to salty munchies like potato chips. The steamed beans are addictive and easy. —Allison Gray, Freeport, Maine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, optional
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, dill and sesame seeds if desired. Transfer beans to a serving bowl. Add vinegar mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 48 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Sesame Dill Green Beans in Taste of Home October 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.