Dill Bloody Marys
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups Clamato juice, chilled
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice, plus more for rim
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt, plus more for rim
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Ice cubes
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 pepperoni-flavored meat snack sticks
- 2 dill pickle spears
- 2 pitted ripe olives
- Coarse salt, cumin, granulated garlic, smoked paprika, mustard powder, optional
- If desired, to make salt rim, mix 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, celery salt, cumin, granulated garlic, smoked paprika and mustard powder in a shallow dish with rim; pour three tablespoons pickle juice in a separate shallow dish with rim. Dip rim of glass into pickle juice, allowing excess to drip off; immediately dip into salt mixture, pressing lightly. Tap glass to remove excess salt. Repeat with remaining glass.
- In a small pitcher, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour into glasses filled with ice; garnish with celery, snack sticks, pickles and olives.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 224 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 1613mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 17, 2018
Bloody Mary's use tomato juice, not Clamato. These have Clamatos, so its a Caesar.While the drink is no doubt delicious, its not a Bloody Mary.
Jan 1, 2013
just made these.. did add a beef bouillon cube (only cause it fell out of my spice rack right into the mixing pitcher)... yum!
May 25, 2011
Just love these bloody marys. I use the juice from Heintz Genuine Dill Pickles and it mixes just great with the Clamato Juice. I also use the queen size green olives. People dropping over alway ask if I have the "fixings" on hand for these drinks.
Sep 5, 2009
I have made these drinks for friends on numerous occasions with rave reviews. I usually make them in a large pitcher to speed things up. The drinks are delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.