Dill and Cheddar Muffins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 9 jumbo muffins or 1 dozen standard-size muffins
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the milk, eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 246 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Oct 25, 2019
Yummy! I used Extra Sharp Cheddar and 1 TBSP fresh Dill.
Nov 11, 2013
Because one reviewer said they were a bit bland, I added more dill and some garlic powder. I thought they were great! Took them to a potluck with TOH recipe Connie's Tortellini Salad. A sweet elderly man, coming back for seconds, said to me, "Did you try these? They're really tasty!" That was cute -- he didn't know I was the one who had made them. :) Also, my batch made a bit more than 12 --- maybe 15.
Aug 23, 2009
I found these to be wonderful, with plenty of flavour. I change it up a bit sometimes, using whatever seasoning I feel like in place of the dill. I tried Italian seasoning, perhaps the addition of some grated parmesan would make them REALLY good!
Nov 9, 2008
These do not have much flavor. Need to add something to them if I make them again.