- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the milk, eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 9 jumbo muffins or 1 dozen standard-size muffins.
Reviews forDill and Cheddar Muffins
"Because one reviewer said they were a bit bland, I added more dill and some garlic powder. I thought they were great! Took them to a potluck with TOH recipe Connie's Tortellini salad. A sweet elderly man, coming back for seconds, said to me, "Did you try these? They're really tasty!" That was cute -- he didn't know I was the one who had made them. :) Also, my batch made a bit more than 12 --- maybe 15."
"I found these to be wonderful, with plenty of flavour. I change it up a bit sometimes, using whatever seasoning I feel like in place of the dill. I tried Italian seasoning, perhaps the addition of some grated parmesan would make them REALLY good!"
"These do not have much flavor. Need to add something to them if I make them again."