VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- Place an 18x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil on a large baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, zucchini and red pepper. Combine the wine, mustard, oil, garlic, horseradish, salt and pepper; drizzle over vegetables. Toss to coat; transfer to baking sheet. Top with a second large piece of foil. Bring edges of foil pieces together; crimp to seal, forming a large packet.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Transfer couscous and vegetables to a large serving bowl; toss to combine.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled couscous mixture in a freezer container. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, adding 2-3 tablespoons water to moisten. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dijon Veggies with Couscous in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p43
Reviews forDijon Veggies with Couscous
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review