Dijon Thyme Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper flakes. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 474 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Sep 1, 2015
I recall making this recipe when it was first featured in Taste of Home. What I'd done as an adjustment was to use 1 cup Progresso OR other brand of Italian bread crumbs to coat the chicken. I had baked the chicken at 350o F. for at least 1-1/2 hours or until poultry tested tender when I pricked it with a fork. I'd found this to be a very tasty dish! Thank you for sharing this with Taste of Home!delowenstein
Oct 20, 2011
Really good and really easy. My kids even liked it and asked for more :) it's a keeper!
Dec 8, 2010
i love how soft the chicken comes out
Aug 27, 2010
Excellent chicken, very moist and tender just like it says.