Dijon Thyme Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper flakes. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with bread crumbs. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 474 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Sep 1, 2015
I recall making this recipe when it was first featured in Taste of Home. What I'd done as an adjustment was to use 1 cup Progresso OR other brand of Italian bread crumbs to coat the chicken. I had baked the chicken at 350o F. for at least 1-1/2 hours or until poultry tested tender when I pricked it with a fork. I'd found this to be a very tasty dish! Thank you for sharing this with Taste of Home!delowenstein
Oct 20, 2011
Really good and really easy. My kids even liked it and asked for more :) it's a keeper!
Dec 8, 2010
i love how soft the chicken comes out
Aug 27, 2010
Excellent chicken, very moist and tender just like it says.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.