For an unusual mix of tastes and textures, try this medley from Kara de la Vega of Suisun City, California. "This salad goes nicely with roasted chicken or London broil," she suggests.
Recommended: 23 Recipes That Use Up Leftover Hard-Boiled Eggs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced cauliflowerets
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider or tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar and salt; shake well. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Dijon Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking December 2000, p12