Dijon Potato Salad
Bottled salad dressing is the secret to Mary Bilyeu's quick and tangy side dish. "It was inspired by traditional German-style potato salad with its vinegar dressing," explains the Ann Arbor, Michigan cook. "My husband and I usually can't wait for it to chill, so we know it's good warm, too!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and onions. Combine the salad dressing and mustard; pour 1/2 cup over potato mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and chill. Add remaining dressing just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 88 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Originally published as Tangy Potato Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.