Dijon Pork Ragout
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1/2-inch cubes or 3/4 pound pork chop suey meat
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 4 small red potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine pork and mustard until evenly coated. In a resealable plastic bag, combine flour and brown sugar. Add pork in batches and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown pork in oil over medium heat. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook onion and garlic until tender. Gradually stir in broth and wine or additional broth, stirring to loosen brown bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Stir in the potatoes, carrot, salt, pepper and pork.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until pork and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 576 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1278mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Apr 26, 2011
Husband and I loved it, the only thing he didn't like was the brown sugar, but he typically doesn't eat anything sweet on his meat. Will make again though!
Dec 27, 2010
Sorry,I am not very clear,what you are saying.I said you used your finished Apple Dijon Pork and you added the vegetables later and you put it in the oven? what does it mean "it wasn't getting down" ? Maybe I will try the whole recipe in the crockpot.
Dec 27, 2010
Used my leftover pork from Apple Dijon Pork in the crockpot. Turned out good, although it wasn't getting down in the oven after 60 min (potatoes were still hard) so I had to pop in the microwave for 10 min or so