In her Walkersville, Maryland kitchen, Marianne Kmiecik easily dresses up Italian bread with cheese, Dijon mustard and a hint of lemon juice. "Try it alongside your favorite soup or serve it as a crowd-pleasing appetizer," she says.
Recommended: Recipes from the ’80s Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Cut bread into 1-in. slices to within 1/4 in. of bottom. In a small bowl, combine the butter, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, poppy seeds and onion. Spread over each slice of bread; sprinkle cheese between the slices.
- Place the loaf in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p55
Reviews forDijon Poppy Seed Cheese Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2014
"This is so good and so easy - I fixed it for a neighborhood group and everyone wanted the recipe"
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2009
"This is awesome!!"