Dijon Ham Salad
This special recipe was handed down to me from my dear mother. So whenever I make this, it not only brings wonderful flavor to my table, it brings back tasty memories as well.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the first seven ingredients to a boil; boil for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Cool; chill. In a large bowl, combine ham, rice, celery, green pepper, onion, pimientos and beans. Add dressing; toss to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 243 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 970mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Dijon Ham Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.