Dijon Ham Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk, oil and mustard; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the ham.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 165 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 31, 2011
These are very good! They sort of remind me of corn dogs, only more sophisticated. They taste great with soup and for breakfast!
Oct 25, 2010
I made these muffins as a new addition to the early morning breakfast I cook almost every day. Opinions were split down the middle amongst the crew. I'm thinking I may add green onion and garlic next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.