Dijon Ham Braid
I found this recipe in one of the first cookbooks I received in my collection. It is very easy to make and serve up at potlucks and picnics. —Joyce L Mitchell, Kilmarnock, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large saucepan, combine the cream cheese, milk and mustard. Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until smooth, stirring occasionally. Add the ham and peas; set aside.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, roll pastry into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Spread ham mixture down the center third of rectangle.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips to within 1/2 in. of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; pinch ends to seal. Combine egg yolk and water; brush over braid. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 268 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Dijon-Ham Braid in Country Woman Christmas 2008