Dijon Chicken Caesar Salad
Tender chicken is lightly dressed in this zesty toss-up from Peg Boehm. The Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin cook appreciates the salad’s bright flavors and low-sodium content.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 7 cups torn romaine
- 3 cups julienned cooked chicken breast, warmed
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, sour cream, water, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic and pepper. Stir in 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Toss the romaine with 1/4 cup dressing; divide among four plates. Top with chicken; drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 254 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Chicken Caesar Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.