"Different" can be delicious! We often have this as our Sunday-evening supper, and everyone raves about it—including our teenage son.—Carla Wiese, Ripon, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- For topping, in a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain well. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, marjoram, oregano, sage, pepper and soup. Stir until well blended; set aside.
- For crust, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl; cut in shortening. Add milk and stir until combined (mixture resembles a soft biscuit dough). Pat dough into a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Spread beef mixture over crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 405 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Different Pizza in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.