You'll need just seven basic ingredients to stir up a batch of these delicious diamond-shaped bars. "They're simple to fix for a bake sale or when your kids want a snack," says Lois Lipker of Ormand Beach, Florida.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Gradually add flour until blended.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake 1 minute longer or until chips are melted. Spread chocolate over crust. Sprinkle with walnuts and coconut. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into diamond shapes.
1 each: 105 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 11, 2012
These were easy to make and very good. Great for a cookie exchange.
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC