You'll need just seven basic ingredients to stir up a batch of these delicious diamond-shaped bars. "They're simple to fix for a bake sale or when your kids want a snack," says Lois Lipker of Ormand Beach, Florida.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Gradually add flour until blended.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake 1 minute longer or until chips are melted. Spread chocolate over crust. Sprinkle with walnuts and coconut. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into diamond shapes.