Diabetic Milk Shake
Here's a sugar-free refresher with a yummy vanilla-banana flavor. It blends together in no time. —Evelyn Archer, Elkville, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup fat-free no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 large ripe banana, quartered
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender container; cover and process on low until smooth. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 162 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Diabetic Milk Shake in Country Woman May/June 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.