Deviled Corned Beef Buns
THIS IS quite an old recipe that I've used for years. I've always thought of it as a good "living room picnic", because each sandwich is wrapped individually. That makes them easy to eat. The sandwich spread keeps for days in the refrigerator, so it's a good thing to have on hand for a quick and easy meal. -Helen Kennedy, Hudson, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup crumbled canned corned beef
- 1/2 cup shredded process American cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 submarine or hoagie rolls, split
- In a medium bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Divide and spoon onto bottom of rolls. Replace tops; wrap each tightly in foil. Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 425 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1529mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Deviled Corned Beef Buns in Reminisce July/August 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.