Dessert Custard Sauce
No need to stand over the stove to make a custard sauce. Bunny Richardson of Russellville, Alabama created this streamlined version. Goes great over fresh fruit or cake.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cold milk, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, beat 1 cup milk and pudding mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add the cream, sugar, vanilla and remaining milk; beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a pitcher; refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 121 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Boiled Custard in Country Woman November/December 2006
Jun 4, 2019
I used the 1/4 cup vanilla and t Tbls of lemon pudding. It came out runny so I added the whole small box of vanilla pudding what was left and added a bit more heavy cream. Its good.