Dessert Corn Crepes
Although I'm in my 80s, I still love to cook. I often serve these crepes as a unique dessert. You can replace apricot jam with your favorite filling. —Mildred Pavek, Eagle River, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11 tablespoons apricot jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- LEMON CREAM:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- Place corn in a blender; cover and process until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk cornstarch, flour and milk until smooth. Stir in eggs, pureed corn, butter and salt until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 3 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spread 1 tablespoon apricot jam over each crepe. Fold in half, then fold in half again, making triangles. Dust with confectioners' sugar. In a small bowl, combine the lemon cream ingredients. Serve with crepes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 180 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Dessert Corn Crepes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.