Dessert Bruschetta with Nectarine Salsa
This is an easy, no-cook dessert for hot summer days. The flavors work wonderfully together. —Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium nectarine, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 2 slices pound cake
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the nectarine, raspberries and mint. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spread cake slices with cheese; top with nectarine mixture. Drizzle with honey. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 358 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Nectarine and Raspberry Bruschetta in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009