Derby Day Brie
Derby Day guests will be impressed when you present this attractive cheese spread. The mellow flavor of the cheese pairs well with the caramel-flavored topping.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 round (13.2 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Apple or pear slices
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- Place cheese on a microwave-safe serving dish. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, coffee liqueur and brown sugar; spoon over top of cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until cheese is softened. Toss apple or pear slices with pineapple juice. Serve with cheese.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 161 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Derby Day Brie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.