Denver Scramble Tostada
My tostadas feature the ingredients of a classic Denver omelet: ham, cheddar and green pepper. I also make a zesty Mexican version with chorizo and pepper jack and a Reuben with corned beef and Swiss. —Joi Sinclair, Atchison, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tostada shells, warmed
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add green pepper, onion, pepper and salt; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add eggs, ham and cheese; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Serve over tostada shells; sprinkle with additional cheese.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.