Denver Omelet Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, onion powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, cheese, ham and green pepper.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Garnish with tomato slices.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 201 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 235mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 23, 2014
This is one of my go- to recipes when I am in a hurry and it doesn't have to be for breakfast. It usually is a lunch meal. The only change I make is that instead of using onion powder I use 1/4 cup finely chopped onion. My family prefers it. Great recipe.