Pepper, onion and ham go into this classic breakfast preparation, made simple thanks to the slow cooker. Here's the perfect brunch dish to serve company after church or another early outing. —Connie Eaton, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Top 10 Brunch Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 12 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound deli ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Layer two 24-in. pieces of aluminum foil; starting with a long side, fold foil to create a 1-in. wide strip. Shape strip into a coil to make a rack for bottom of a 6-qt. oval slow cooker. Add water to slow cooker; set foil rack in water.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add potato and onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until potato is lightly browned. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish (dish must fit in slow cooker).
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, pepper sauce, salt and pepper; stir in ham, green pepper and 1/2 cup cheese. Pour over potato mixture. Top with remaining cheese. Place dish on foil rack.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until eggs are set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Denver Omelet Frittata in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2017, p55