- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Chocolate syrup, caramel ice cream topping, whipped topping and additional crushed gingersnap cookies, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs, pecans and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat 1 package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat in remaining cream cheese, one package at a time until smooth. Add remaining sugar and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Place 2 cups filling in a small bowl; stir in pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Remove 3/4 cup pumpkin filling; set aside. Pour remaining pumpkin filling over crust; top with remaining plain filling. Cut through with a knife to swirl. Drop reserved pumpkin filling by spoonfuls over cheesecake; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, whipped topping and additional crushed gingersnaps if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Deluxe Pumpkin Cheesecake
"This turned out great! It is VERY rich so small servings are best. I used reduced fat cream cheese and left the nuts out of the crust. Very yummy!"
"Was a smashing hit with my family for Thanksgiving, I only got to take home a little bit and I had to fight for it lol! But yeah just did everything the recipe told me and it was divine! So smooth but kinda light and not super sweet and I love it!"
"Haven't even tried the pie yet but am so frustrated by the baking time! I am going on 1 hour and 20 minutes, the top is burning and it is still not cooked yet! I've just covered the top to prevent any further browning but it appears to be far from done. Ugh!"
"I have to click on a star to submit. so I'm giving it a 1. I am really frustrated that it has taken so long for it to be done. Other posts say an extra 20 minutes. Mine took a extra 60 minutes. Really! I'll post again once cooled and tasted.Update-The final product was so good! Everyone loved it. I used Pamela's Simple Bites gluten free ginger snaps. I will be making it again soon. I will just make sure I allow more time for baking."
"Loved this cheesecake. Made just as directed, except I baked twenty minutes longer. The flavor is amazing, really moist and creamy the crust is divine. My new favorite. Even my picky children LOVED it. I topped with crushed gingersnaps and homemade whipped cream. I was crowned best wife and mom EVER. :)"