- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Chocolate syrup, caramel ice cream topping, whipped topping and additional crushed gingersnap cookies, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs, pecans and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat 1 package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat in remaining cream cheese, one package at a time until smooth. Add remaining sugar and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Place 2 cups filling in a small bowl; stir in pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Remove 3/4 cup pumpkin filling; set aside. Pour remaining pumpkin filling over crust; top with remaining plain filling. Cut through with a knife to swirl. Drop reserved pumpkin filling by spoonfuls over cheesecake; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, whipped topping and additional crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forDeluxe Pumpkin Cheesecake
"I didn't have the right pan... So I used 2 regular pie pans! A few perks to that.. I get 2 cheesecakes and it took only about 40 minutes to cook! I can't wait to taste it!"
"There were 2 things I changed in this recipe. I used 2 cartons of Marscapone and 2 blocks of Cream Cheese. I do this with all of my cheesecake recipes. The Marscapone makes it creamier. The other change was turning off the oven after 65 minutes and cracking the oven door. I left the cheesecake in the oven for an hour longer. Wonderful recipe as it turned out delicious!!!"
"Fabulous addition to the Thanksgiving desserts! Creamy and light texture. Rich tasting but not heavy. I used reduced fat cream cheese too. It had a light pumpkin flavor. I didn't do a ginger snap crust but rather a basic graham cracker crust; and it needed 1 HR 15 min in oven. I went over the top and served with a warm salted caramel sauce on the side! Can't wait to make it again."
"I used a 9" springform pan. I thought it was done in the middle but I was wrong. I cooked it 65 mins. The flavor was wonderful! Next time, I will def cook it about 20 mins longer."
"This turned out great! It is VERY rich so small servings are best. I used reduced fat cream cheese and left the nuts out of the crust. Very yummy!"
"Was a smashing hit with my family for Thanksgiving, I only got to take home a little bit and I had to fight for it lol! But yeah just did everything the recipe told me and it was divine! So smooth but kinda light and not super sweet and I love it!"
"I have to click on a star to submit. so I'm giving it a 1. I am really frustrated that it has taken so long for it to be done. Other posts say an extra 20 minutes. Mine took a extra 60 minutes. Really! I'll post again once cooled and tasted.Update-The final product was so good! Everyone loved it. I used Pamela's Simple Bites gluten free ginger snaps. I will be making it again soon. I will just make sure I allow more time for baking."
"Loved this cheesecake. Made just as directed, except I baked twenty minutes longer. The flavor is amazing, really moist and creamy the crust is divine. My new favorite. Even my picky children LOVED it. I topped with crushed gingersnaps and homemade whipped cream. I was crowned best wife and mom EVER. :)"
"This cheesecake is delicious!!! The texture of the filling was super moist and creamy, and the ginger snap pecan crust compliments the pumpkin flavor perfectly. Everyone absolutely loved it!! The recipe was very easy to follow too! I made it as directed although, I used a 9" spring form pan and it needed about 20 minutes extra baking time. The pumpkin swirls make it look elegantly beautiful and it tasted amazing!!"