Deluxe Potato Ham Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in ham and potatoes. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- For topping, combine butter and cornflakes until crumbly. Sprinkle over top of ham mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 305 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Feb 5, 2015
The whole family enjoyed it! Everyone had seconds and nothing was left!
Jan 9, 2013
I have made this several times, I use potatoes o'brian hashbrowns instead. The peppers and onions make i.
Nov 29, 2011
I've made this dish several times and we love it! The second time I made it I left out the ham and substituted half pound each of ground sausage and bacon. My husband loved it as a breakfast casserole almost better than the original way!!
Oct 21, 2011
Very good - nice if you have leftover ham to use up! I added a pinch of salt as well.
Oct 19, 2011
Great for a pot luck dish. I used a little less cheese. This is very creamy and comforting. Will make again!
Mar 16, 2011
So good! Tastes just like scalloped potatoes with ham my grandma used to make. I made 1/4 recipe because it makes 10-12 servings and there are just 2 of us. I used cream of celery soup to use it up and tried wheat germ for the topping to get a little extra fiber and grains in and I didn't have any corn flakes. Tasted so good!
May 31, 2010
Took this dish to a potluck dinner and it went over very well. Everyday ingredients plus ease of putting together equals a big success.
Oct 5, 2009
This dish actually tastes better eaten 1-2 days later! It improves with time. Make sure the hash browns are thawed. Add peas, small broccoli florets, or green pepper to make it a one-pot meal. Would be great for a fall or winter brunch!
Feb 11, 2009
Loved the ease of putting all ingredients together in less than ten minutes! Bought the ham allready cubed and packaged,crushed the corn flakes in my cuisinart and wa-laa! Feeds a crowd, very rich and memorable dish...