My son-in-law gave me the recipe for this hash brown casserole, which my kids say is addictive. It's an amazing make-ahead dish.—Amy Oswalt, Burr, Nebraska
Featured In: 35+ Foolproof One-Dish Potluck Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream onion dip
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients; stir in potatoes, cheese and bacon. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 50-60 minutes or until golden brown.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time to 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until top is golden brown and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Deluxe Hash Brown Casserole in Freezer Meals Bookazine 2013, p27