My hearty cheesy breakfast sandwich is packed with provolone on top and Laughing Cow on the bottom. In between, I add ham, spinach and eggs sunny side up. —Natalie Hess, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Featured In: 21 Dishes with an Egg on Top
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 submarine bun, split
- 4 wedges The Laughing Cow garlic and herb Swiss cheese
- 3 ounces thinly sliced fully cooked Black Forest ham
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat broiler. Cut bun crosswise in half; split each half to separate top and bottom. Spread with cheese wedges. Place on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; lightly brown ham on each side. Place ham on bread.
- In same skillet, heat 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and spinach; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Divide mixture among sandwiches. Wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- In same skillet, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Break eggs and slip into pan, one at a time. Immediately reduce heat to low; cover and cook slowly 5-6 minutes or until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Place eggs over spinach mixture; top with provolone cheese. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Deluxe Ham & Egg Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016