- 4 quarts plain popped popcorn
- 5 cups mini pretzel twists
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 2 cups non-chocolate candy (gumdrops, Skittles, etc.)
- Place popcorn and pretzels in a large bowl; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt; cook over medium eat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a rolling oil. Cook and stir until candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda. Quickly pour over popcorn and mix thoroughly; stir in peanuts. Turn into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 200° for 20 minutes; stir. Bake 25 minutes more. Remove from the oven; add candy and mix well. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers or plastic bags. Yield: 6-1/2 quarts.
Reviews forDeluxe Caramel Corn
"easy to make and sooo good.i used candy corn pieces since it was close to halloween. kids are gonna love it."
"This is delicious. After the first batch, I made a few changes. There was too much snack mix to handle in two baking dishes, so I mixed and baked in a large roaster pan. I also like more caramel, so I doubled the caramel."