From the very first time I mixed up these doubly rich treats, my family was hooked. They're so fast and easy, I make them often for family gatherings and church potlucks.—Debbie Heine, Great Falls, Montana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 5 Eggland's Best eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and milk; cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in chips and marshmallows until melted. Chill until mixture reaches room temperature. In a large bowl, beat until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Spread over brownies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 265 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Deluxe Brownies in Light & Tasty April/May 2001