VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans; spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan over low heat, cook and stir sugar, butter and milk until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in chips and marshmallows until melted. Chill until mixture reaches room temperature. Beat until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Spread over brownies. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Deluxe Brownies in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p14
Reviews forDeluxe Brownies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2010
"This is the best brownie recipe I've ever tried. I usually save it for the holidays."