- 2 baking potatoes (about 10 ounces each)
- Canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub will oil. Bake at 400° for 60-70 minutes or until tender. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shells aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp. Stir in the chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, salt and pepper. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the flour, salt and pepper; stir until blended. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup cheese until melted. Add 1/3 cup sauce to potato mixture; toss to blend.
- Spoon into potato shells. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over potatoes. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forDeluxe Baked Potatoes
"This is an excellent recipe. My family loved it! Fresh broccoli and mushrooms can easily be used as well."